Good Ol' Fashion Wedding Cake

Add to FacebookAdd to DiggAdd to Del.icio.usAdd to StumbleuponAdd to RedditAdd to BlinklistAdd to TwitterAdd to TechnoratiAdd to Yahoo BuzzAdd to Newsvine
This past weekend I had the pleasure of making the wedding cake for a beautiful friend of mine (Congratulations, Lyndsey!) For anyone familiar with the Columbus location of the Darby House, that was the venue for their wedding and I thought it was JUST beautiful. It was such a classic, elegant location and I think their cake fit in just perfectly! 


What do you think??
From concept...
To reality...




An ivory powdered sugar vanilla frosting (same recipe from my recipe box!)with chocolate and vanilla cake. You can never fail with a good ol' fashion cake like this. 






One note about this cake: 

It turned out as well as it did, all thanks to SugarEd Production dvds! I'm self-taught with this whole 'cake thing' and I've never taken any classes. When I came across these instructional videos from SugarEd Productions, I was hesitant to buy them. I wasn't sure if these basic dvds would be worth the money. But they were! Especially for those of you who have been teaching yourself. They really helped me to be much more accurate and efficient with this cake. I highly recommend checking SugarEd out!



0 comments:

Post a Comment