.:RECIPE o' THE MONTH:.

Add to FacebookAdd to DiggAdd to Del.icio.usAdd to StumbleuponAdd to RedditAdd to BlinklistAdd to TwitterAdd to TechnoratiAdd to Yahoo BuzzAdd to Newsvine
Happy July, all!


I hope you guys had an awesome weekend. Lots of sun, explosives,  drinks and sweets??


Well, this weekend I made a brand new cake recipe I'd never heard of. It was for my sister's birthday and it was by her request. (Happy Birthday, Megan!)




Ever heard of a Ricotta Cake?? (Yes, like the cheese...) Well, there is nothing my sister loves more than CHEESE so, I guess this cake was the perfect one for her! But, before I just go giving it all away, I must first introduce you to...
    
                  The Underbaker         and      The Sweet Pounder 


Every cake should have a 'topper'. These are my family's...

Each summer on every cake served at our family's lake house, these two go head to head in the candle lit ring of the frosted cake arena. 


The Underbaker is the long-time raining champ, as he as survived through several serious burns over the years!

Hehehe... I just wanted to share with you a little piece of my family's summer tradition before going on about this great new recipe! 

It started years ago as part of a joke and now they are essentials to any cake at my house. Cakes should always taste great, but add a little humor and fun to the mix (literally), and you'll always pull off a great cake!

Now... about that CAKE. Here is the Ricotta Cake recipe I mentioned. All I have to say about is... don't knock it before you try it. It's REALLY good!!

RICOTTA CAKE
Recipe courtesy of Connie Dean (Thanks for sharing, Connie!)


.:INGREDIENTS:.
1  box white cake mix
1 1/2 lb. ricotta cheese


2 eggs
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. milk
2 tsp. vanilla

.:PUT IT ALL TOGETHER:.
Mix cake as directed on package.  In separate bowl, mix cheese, eggs, sugar, milk, and vanilla.  Pour cake mixture in 9 X 13 greased baking dish.  Spoon ricotta cheese mixture on top of uncooked cake batter, and spread evenly.  Bake one hour at 350 degrees. When cooked, let cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve!


(It ends up tasting very nice, moist and sweet but not over-powering. It had a flan-like texture to the top of the cake. I definitely recommend it! It's great for the summer especially!) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment