#DoGood

Like This!


It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing 
because you can only do little - 
do what you can.  
                                                                                                                                                    – Sydney Smith



I recently came across a notice that read, 

"Bakers Wanted. Looking for bakers who would like to bake cookies to donate to feed the homeless." 

I am no Mother Teresa but every now and then I get this feeling like I'm so involved in my own little world. And little, it is. So... I jumped at this opportunity! But what to make? I assumed whomever would be receiving this probably comes across chocolate chip cookies and sugar cookies more than anything - if anything. Those are pretty standard. That said, I've been on a serious oatmeal kick lately. So... I made something that sounded good to me! (Hey - I said I was no Mother Teresa) So, here I have the recipe to share with you. I hope you enjoy these Oatmeal Raisin Toffee Cookies. Found on Allrecipes.com

My only recommendation for this recipe: DOUBLE the amount of toffee. Other than that, they were DElish! (Not that I had very many, of course.) I truly hope that those who received them enjoyed them as much as I did!   

Yields about 4 dozen cookies. 
(I doubled it for my use.)

Step One:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.




Step Two:

In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at a time then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture. Blend in the oatmeal and toffee bits. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet.

Step Three:

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.





FaceTweet it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment