Carmel Heath Cupcakes



Some of you may recall last week when I spoke of my Carmel Heath Cupcakes?? They were YUMMMY! So... I wanted to share pics, and the recipe with you!


They were an impromptu decision. I'd been taking care of my boyfriend all week (MAJOR -and I mean MAJOR- case of poison ivy). I was in a rut, it was late... I needed to bake. So I pulled out this book from my cupboards (it's amazing!). 

500 Cupcakes: The Only Cupcake Compendium You'll Ever Need 

I had my bf choose a recipe. He chose "Carmel Cupcakes" which I was MORE than OK with! Carmel is my favvvoorrittee. The recipe was pretty good as it was, but I felt it needed... a little something extra. So, I threw in some Heath. (I wish a would have thrown in more!) So, behold... here is the recipe for these wonderful Carmel-(HEATH)-Cupcakes. Enjoy!

.:Ingredients:.
  • 1 stick of butter, softened
  • 3/4 packed brown sugar
  • 2 lightly beaten eggs
  • 2 tbsp. instant coffee granules
  • 1 tbsp. boiling water
  • 2 2/3 cups self-rising flour
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup (3 1/2 oz) soft caramels.
  • About a 1 1/2 cup chocolate heath toffee bits (give or take)
.:Put It All Together Now:.

Preheat the oven to 350ยบ. Place 12 paper baking cups in a muffin pan.

In a medium bowl, beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add the eggs slowly. In a small bowl, dissolve the cofee in the water. Beat the coffee into the butter mixture. Add the flour and milk, and beat until well combined. Lastly, throw in the toffee heath bits and mix it all together.

Spoon the mixture into the cups. Push a couple of caramels into the center of each cupcake, and place them in the oven.

Bake for 20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Turn into a plate and serve while warm. ** OR re-heat for 20 seconds in the microwave before serving)

Store in airtight container for up to 2 days.

Makes one dozen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment