.:RECIPE O' THE MONTH ... Now FOR SALE!

Add to FacebookAdd to DiggAdd to Del.icio.usAdd to StumbleuponAdd to RedditAdd to BlinklistAdd to TwitterAdd to TechnoratiAdd to Yahoo BuzzAdd to Newsvine

Oh. My. God. You all NEED to buy these buckeye brownies, simply to save me from eating them all myself. A.MAZING.


I chose a peanut-butter-y, chocolate-y recipe this month in honor of the Ohio State Buckeyes because I do live in Columbus, and Columbus does go bazeerk in the fall for the O-H-I-O.




I was trying to channel the (edible) buckeye flavor in a non-buckeye form, so I searched for an awesome pb brownie recipe and dipped them in a candied chocolate. They are BETTER than any buckeye, they are more like a Reeses/Buckeye Brownie blend.


Wanna see some pics??



The candied chocolate is actually different from a regular chocolate coating. At first, I tried dipping these in chocolate genache, thinking to myself "This is going to be amazing!". Wrong. The chocolate genache didn't harden like I wanted, and it tasted too... bittersweet. So, instead I tried actual 'Candied Chocolate' at my local grocery store which I've never used before. Wasn't sure what the difference would be, but it does in fact closely resemble the chocolate coating of a candy bar. (Lesson of the day: There's a distinct, appreciated difference between candied chocolate coating and reg. melted chocolate.)

.:RECIPE:.
(Serves ~16)

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup margarine, softened
  • 2/3 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

1 lb. Candied Chocolate (Found at local grocery in the baking isle).

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C ). Grease a 9x9 inch baking pan.
  2. In a medium bowl, cream together peanut butter and margarine. Gradually blend in the brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla; mix until fluffy. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the peanut butter mixture until well blended.
  3. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in preheated oven, or until the top springs back when touched. Cool, and cut into 16 squares.
  4. ONCE COOLED, cut the brownies into bite-size pieces. Melt the candied chocolate according to directions.
  5. Dip brownies completely in candied chocolate (a small but deep bowl is best). Set on cooling rack to dry. **NOTE: Put something below cooling rack to collect chocolate drips. Reheat chocolate as needed to keep working with it.
  6. Dipped brownies set in approx. 20 minutes





Another note: I've also decided to start selling my Recipe-Of-The-Month sweets! Every month, I will have a non-cake item that is equally delicious, packaged and ready for you. I figure that if I'm going to bake anyway, why not share the love??

These Buckeye Brownies are now selling $15/dozen. They come in a combination of painted Block O's and striped red and white. Set in the containers above and wrapped for preservation. You can pick them up, unwrap them and they're ready to serve!

Want a larger order more Buckeye Sweet Treats?? 

These would be an AWESOME addition to any football gathering. Much better than traditional buckeyes anyway.

Want to view the full recipe?? Expect it tomorrow in the Recipe Box!


0 comments:

Post a Comment