Life Update: Part I

Add to FacebookAdd to DiggAdd to Del.icio.usAdd to StumbleuponAdd to RedditAdd to BlinklistAdd to TwitterAdd to TechnoratiAdd to Yahoo BuzzAdd to Newsvine

Hi long lost cake lovers,


It's me, your horrible-blogger, cake-baking friend. Remember me? I've been crazy busy and too un-motivated to blog about it. But lucky for you, tonight it's just me, an InStyle magazine and some halloween shows so I have time to catch up with you. 


For starters, I've decided to start also including you on my non-cake related moments. It is after all my side gig and I suppose, you can't very well appreciate that if I never talk about the non-side things.


Backing up a few weeks, I wanted to share with you pictures from the Columbus Half Marathon!




My fiance and I ran it (however, not together). It was my second time running it and his first. He only ran it because I bet him he couldn't. Unfortunately, I lost a lot of money and an opportunity for Engagement Photos, but you can read more about our bet here.


It was a fun challenge to do with my future hubs so even though I lost the bet, I'm super proud of him and his now seriously injured knee... and his fat wallet (note to self: I should start suggesting we go out to dinner and 'forgetting' my wallet.) 


Another reason this particular weekend was a success? Between my brother, my sister, my brother-in-law, my fiance and myself, my family ran approx. 104 miles. We're a running family. It's nice. Go us!


What else happened around this time?? Well, I made a cakes of course... 


There was a first birthday celebration for a (future-rock-star, dinosaur-loving) cute little boy. When he and his mom came to pick up the cake, he leaned in to hug me and wouldn't let go! [The mom:] "Do you want to hold him? He's a hugger." [Me:] "Sure :) " [Thinking to myself:] Um, yes! Hello, I'm a girl aren't I??  It was such a cute moment. Here was the cake for the super cute birthday boy:



There was also this pretty wedding cake. 3 tier square cake. A chic, bright salmon color with a pearl-dusted bow.


Honestly, this was my first time making this kind of bow. I'm pretty pleased with the finished product. If you happen to be brainstorming wedding cakes, I vote for a twist on the traditional. Maybe don't make the cake white; maybe don't make it symmetrical. It can still have a clean, formal look to fit with the vibe of your wedding! And it will be a nice visual element. Little changes to the traditional white cake and add a big impact to your reception!

Ok, well I'll leave you with that for now. The Real Housewives are on. (Remember that part where I said, 'Hello? I'm a girl, aren't I?') Well, judge away because I'm watching it. But speaking of Halloween shows, these women and their plastic faces? Very. Scary.  When they laugh, they look a little something like this:



Happy Halloween, friends. Eat treats...









0 comments:

Post a Comment